COMMON USE CLASS: Sui_generis_1
This development land is located in the popular village of Frizington, and offers an exciting development opportunity with existing planning permission in place for seven dwellings.
Whitehaven – 5 miles
Workington – 10 miles
Sellafield – 10 miles
Cockermouth – 11 miles
Lake District National Park (Keswick) – 24 miles
The Land is located just off Main Street in the popular village of Frizington, which offers easy access to nearby larger towns (Whitehaven and Workington) as well as the Lake District National Park and the West Coast. The village is also well located to serve commuters to Sellafield.
Access to the land is via Yeathouse Road on to Trafalgar Square.
From Cockermouth follow the A5086 for approximately 10.5 miles. Upon reaching the village of Frizington turn left on to Yeathouse Road (opposite St John’s Methodist Church). Stay on Yeathouse Road for approximately 300 metres then takethe right-hand track to Trafalgar Sqaure, the land can then be reached at the end of this track.
The Land at Frizington totals approximately 3055 square metres (0.75 acres) and presents the opportunity to develop land with existing planning permission within a popular village location. The Land has planning permission for the erection of 7 dwellings under decision reference 4/21/2773/0F1 granted by Copeland Borough Council on 20th August 2021. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves and make their own enquiries into the planning consents with Copeland Borough Council planning department.
Plans have been drawn up for the 7 houses. They consist 4 bedroom detached homes that have been well designed with modern family living in mind. The accommodation for the current designs consist of:
Landing leading to 3 Double Bedrooms
with En Suite Family Bathroom
Landing Leading to
Double Bedroom with Ensuite
Mineral & Sporting Rights
To the extent that they are included within the vendor’s title.
It is up to prospective purchaser to make their own enquiries with regard to services for the land. It may be that connection(s) are reserved in favour of the Vendors retained property as part of the sale.
Copeland Borough Council
The Market Hall
Tel: 01946 598300
Plans, Areas and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and Title Deeds and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or mis-statement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof
Significant work has been completed in relation to the planning permission with all planning conditions discharged. Futher details can be requested and are briefly outlined below:
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be payable on conclusion of missives. This will be non-refundable in the event of the transaction failing to reach completion for reasons not attributable to the vendors or their agents.
Date of Entry
By mutual agreement.
Method of Sale & Closing Date
The property is offered for sale by Private Treaty. Offers should be submitted to [email protected] co.uk or to Suite 7M, Lakeland Business Park, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9UQ. The Vendor reserves the right to change the method of sale, sell the property without any prior notification or change the closing date. Prospective purchasers are therefore advised to register their interest with the selling agents, following an inspection and having carried out suitable due diligence with regards to the subjects.
The Vendor and their agents reserve the right to exclude, withdraw or amalgamate any of the land shown at any time. The Vendor and their agents also reserve the right to generally amend the particulars of sale. The agents also reserve the right to conclude negotiations by any other means at their discretion and a degree of flexibility is available to prospective purchasers. A closing date for offers may be fixed. The Vendor is not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer, or go to a closing date.
All offers should be submitted to the selling agent, along with the relevant Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, to the Selling Agent.
Third Party Rights and Easements
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, easements, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Particulars prepared April 2022
Davidson & Robertson for themselves and for the Vendor(s) or
Lessors(s) of the property described in these particulars, whose agents they are, give notice that:-
1. These particulars are produced in good faith as a general outline only and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. No person in the employment of Davidson & Robertson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the Agents, nor into contract on behalf of the Vendors.
3. It is the responsibility of any prospective purchaser or lessees to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any information upon which any prospective purchaser or lessee relies on in making an offer or bid. The making of any offer or bid for this property will be taken as an admission by the prospective purchaser or lessee that he has relied solely upon his own personally verified inspection and enquiries. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred by prospective purchasers in viewing the property or in the event of any property being sold or withdrawn.
4. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and other details are given without responsibility and should not be relied on as statements of fact and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are published as opinions and not statements of fact. They are not intended to be binding on the Vendors of their Agents.
5. Nothing in these particulars is to be regarded as a statement that the property is in good structural, agricultural or horticultural condition, nor should any statement be taken as a warranty to be implied that any services, appliances, equipment, installations or facilities on the property are in good working order. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition of all such matters.
6. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that they have not entered into an agreement to purchase in reliance on any statement contained in these particulars, that they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each such statement by inspection, enquiry or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Vendors of their Agents in respect of the property.
7. Any error, omission or mis-statement in these particulars or any correspondence relating thereto shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind or to be discharged from any Agreement to Purchase nor shall it entitle either party to compensation or damages, or give either party any cause of civil action.
8. The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Vendors nor their Agents will be held responsible for such faults and defects.
9. The photographs printed in these particulars show only certain parts of the property and they were not necessarily taken when the particulars were produced.
10. Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given by the Vendor and their Agents in good faith. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries with the Local Planning Authority into such matters.
11. These particulars have been prepared in good faith and in accordance with relevant legislation at the time of writing.
Contact us via [email protected]