Households must get insured and plan for floods
Published by Evergreen Insurance on 9th March 2020 -
Many homeowners in
- Water-compatible internal walls which can
be hygienically cleaned.
- Water-compatible flooring made from tiles and concrete or silicon-mineral/magnesium oxide boards which can
- Sump and pump systems that can remove flood water as it enters a property.
- Raised electrics with sockets higher up the wall, above the flood line, to prevent damage to electrical circuits.
- Plinths: Raising electrical goods and kitchen cupboards off the floor which can help protect them and their contents from flood water.
- Water-compatible stairs using concrete, hardwood or steel stairways, which can
For all your insurance needs, please