COVID-19: Updated Estate Agency Procedures
Published by Greenslade Taylor Hunt on 22nd May 2020 -
In a recent government update, estate agents like us have been advised that we can take steps to help get the population moving once more. We are aware of the concerns and potential risks involved and want to reassure everyone that, behind the scenes, we have been working with our teams across the South West to implement procedures that adhere to government guidelines in order to keep our staff and clients safe.
Our offices are now open with a reduced team so that we can adhere to social distancing measures. We also ask that wherever possible, appointments with our office teams are pre-booked, so that we can guarantee that you will be seen. As well as this, other team members are working remotely to ensure we have the workforce needed to help you through your property journey.
We ask that you continue to study properties in detail online before requesting viewings. While viewings are now permitted, due to the continued spread of COVID-19, it is our responsibility as estate agents to only carry out viewings safely.
Each request will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, however you can find a summary of the guidelines we will be enforcing during all viewings below:
Viewing Procedure for Buyers
- You will be asked when booking a viewing if you or anyone you have had contact with is showing symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate and we will request email confirmation. If this situation changes before the day of the viewing, you must notify us by phone immediately.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands before and after you view the property (please bring your own hand sanitiser). Sellers will endeavour to supply soap and water, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please bring your own facemask or visor (homemade or manufactured) as this must be worn when viewing internal areas and confined spaces.
- Please stay at least two metres away from non-party members where physically possible.
- Please be advised that you will not be allowed to use the toilet facilities at the property.
- Please try to avoid touching door handles and any other items unnecessarily.
Viewing Procedure for Sellers
- Please disinfect internal and external door handles before and after.
- Open all the internal doors prior to the viewing.
- During the viewing, we kindly ask that you vacate the house and stand in the garden, or stay in a car or outbuilding during poor weather conditions.
We want to thank you, our valued clients, for your continued patience through this time. Please get in touch with your local office if you do have any property related questions.